Being Authentic Builds Your Dental Practice
IF YOUR EMPLOYEES AREN’T THRIVING PERSONALLY AND PROFESSIONALLY, YOUR PRACTICE MAY BE STRUGGLING
According to Gallup Workplace, COVID-19 challenges are influencing your team dynamics.
Employees are craving clear, honest, direct communication. The reality is, many employees are disengaged and feeling anxious about their job or career.
Work is a stabilizer in good times, and more so in bad times. Focusing on the team’s wellbeing is essential for better team performance.
The Well Being Five are identified as:
Career Enjoying your career and having motivation to reach goals
Social Having supportive relationships
Financial Stability to decrease stress
Community Feeling safe with a sense of pride
Physical Health that allows you to complete daily tasks
As a leader, maintaining practice health is a delicate balancing act which requires the entire team to embrace: new guidelines, compassion, active listening, and empathy.
FOCUSES ON PRACTICE WELLBEING BY FOLLOWING THE THREE C’S:
Decide as a team the direction the practice is going post COVID-19.
- Schedule a semi-annual team meeting to evaluate, discuss, and plan the remainder of the year
- Meetings should follow a specific, timed agenda with each team member participating
- Utilize engaging strategies such as: polling, breakout rooms, surveys, interactive handouts, and Q&A,
- Every team member has leadership skills, coach them to shine in their area of expertise
Invest in your team and level up your listening and communication skills.
- Has your team every worked with a communications coach?
- Do you have stand-up (huddles) meetings daily?
- Are you engaging the team in weekly, monthly and annual meetings?
- Have you updated your mission statement AND does everyone support it?
Staying connected and confronting the business of dentistry with our teams is essential.
- Daily touch points with each team member is a communication must in our new routines
- The younger employee, the more check-ins needed
- Provide continual updates on the status of the business
- Practice empathy, openly, with all employees
STAY WITHIN THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION