How To Be The Unicorn Dental Office
DID YOU KNOW?
• You were the first office to ask: “How are you feeling about the appointment today?”
• You were the first dental team to ask: “How can we make you more comfortable throughout the appointment?”
• The positive impact you made on that patient motivated them to write an amazing social media review / testimony about your practice.
DO YOU KNOW HOW TO BE A UNICORN PRACTICE?
Your practice can be unique, in many ways, during a very competitive time in dentistry.
By focusing on what the employee, patient or vendor wants, the relationships and outcomes will meet everyone’s expectations.
Keep in mind, every person has a different idea of what their “Unicorn Office” looks like and adjustments should be generationally applied to maximize results.
A UNICORN CAREER FOR EMPLOYEES
The younger the employee, the more unique your compensations should be to attract and retain them.
Ten practice strategies to consider are:
- Exercise Honesty / Empathy
- Utilize Emerging Technology
- Provide Benefits
- Offer Schedule Flexibility
- Provide Continual Mentorship
- Assist with Daycare / Pet Care
- Extend Flexible / Rollover PTO
- Support a Community / Global Cause
- Contribute to a Health Club Membership
- Support Wellness Programs
The last two, could reduce costs over time.
If your employees are healthy, your employee benefits packages could be negotiated for lower premiums rates.
A UNICORN PRACTICE FOR PATIENTS
Patients are looking at healthcare providers and practices differently. Below are some of the “wants” our patients are seeking. By implementing these ideas into your marketing strategy, you will attract more patients and experience faster practice growth.
- Demonstrate Honesty – particularly when relating to insurance acceptance
- Offer Financial Assistance
- Provide Flexible Scheduling
- Deliver Same-Day Dentistry
- Maintain 5-Star Online Reviews
- Recognize / Appreciate Patient Testimonials
- Text Appointment Reminders
- Incentivize Patient Referrals
- Run On-Time
- Culture a Friendly Team
A UNICORN OFFICE FOR VENDOR PARTNERSHIPS
Never underestimate the influence of your vendors!
The supply companies your practice work with every day are powerful resources for employee and patient referrals. A respectful, professional relationship will keep your practice top of mind. Not only for elite customer specials, but also for referring new patients and informing you first about potential employee candidates.
A bi-directional relationship with your vendor will support your practice and their products. It’s a win-win approach.