SEVEN RESET STRATEGIES FOR PRACTICE ADAPTATION
Right now, as our dental offices begin to re-open, constant changes are inevitable. Having a positive mindset and looking at change enthusiastically will help us adapt and move forward.
- New process or procedure implemented backfiring?
- RESET with a new strategy.
- 90-minute hygiene appointment went really well and you had 15 minutes of time open?
- RESET to 75-minutes.
- Patient entry / exit through the same door creating overlap?
- RESET and have entry through the front door and exit out the back door. Assuming you have dual entries.
- Want to eliminate your complimentary beverage area?
- RESET by changing it into a sanitization station.
- Transitioning from emergency treatment only to propriety patients?
- RESET to schedule elderly, immunocompromised for the first appointment of the day to reduce their risks.
- Concerned about low PPE inventory?
- RESET by considering teledentistry with no exam at hygiene therapy appointments.
- RESET by staggering / extending hours in shifts with the same team members working together to minimize exposure.
- Rescheduling patients that were displaced during shut-down?
- RESET and schedule patients using a category system:
- GOLD = Reliable patients who are: timely, pay invoices, rarely cancel, combine restorative and hygiene therapy
- SILVER = Solid patients with occasional schedule changes
- BRONZE = Cancel or no show more frequently, slow making payment
STAY WITHIN THE REALITY OF THE SITUATION