Time to Change the Tires
Winter weather is upon us in Park City, UT.
One of the changes I make every year is putting snow tires on my car in November. This year, the snow came early and I was not prepared.
For dental practices, the end of the year gives us the opportunity to make necessary changes that will prepare us for Q4 success and beyond.
Having a plan to finish off the year strong will help practices continue to recover. Below are a few strategies to consider.
7 END-OF-YEAR STRATEGIES
- Intentionally remind your patient data base to complete inactive treatment to fully utilize their benefits.
- Keep it lighthearted and use your technology: text, email, video
- Run a report indicating patients that still have remaining benefits to use.
- Hint: Many software programs have this feature.
- Thank your patients for remaining loyal and wish them well through the holiday season.
- No strings attached. Just a simple thank you.
- Add additional staff, days, or hours to accommodate the end of year “rush.”
- Accommodate students on holiday break
- Help patients maximize insurance benefits
- Schedule the patients that were postponing due to COVID-19
- Thank your referring offices and vendors for the support they continue to demonstrate to your practice.
- All team appreciation CEU
- Charitable donation
- Gift Basket
- Pay for one month of their uniform cleaning service
- Celebrate your practice achievements and recognize / reward the team members for an incredible year under unprecedented circumstances.
- Plan a fun, all team event
- Bonus vs annual raise
- Individual employee choice
- Schedule your annual strategic planning meeting with your team.
- Time to make changes, BEFORE they are needed (think snow tires)